Monday, March 22, 2010

Signs of Life

It snowed most of the day here in Northern Alabama, but it didn't accumulate at all. It turned to rain in the afternoon,then stopped and I decided to take a long walk into the wilderness to see what I could find.
I located this fellow in the hollow. He was under a rock that I happened to kick over. He seemed a little sluggish. Probably just woke up and needs coffee.


I guess I need to start keeping a closer lookout for other crawling creatures. Some of them aren't as friendly as Mr. Salamander was.


I don't know what these are, but they look edible. Might be good in a salad, but I'll not be finding out.


Several trees and bushes are budding.



These are in the yard. Yellow bells that I transplanted last spring.


I can't venture into the wilderness without taking at least a couple of photos of running water.

 
I'm awaiting heavy spring rains so I can go down in the 'big holler' and take some shots while it's a raging torrent. When it's that way, I can hear it roaring from the house.


More tree buds.

That's all for now.

Later

No comments: