Wednesday, September 2, 2009




Well, since this morning's adventure was nothing to write about, Petey and I decided to take a long hike.
We ventured further into the wilderness, down into the big hollow. When I walked out the front door my eye caught this old ship hanging on the wall outside. I thought about those ancient mariners who sailed the unknown seas in search of  adventure. They were brave souls.



The picture below is another of those dying trees I mentioned yesterday. Makes me wonder what's killing them.

This is what it looks like to a squirrel when it heads up a tree.
This is a fairly fresh deer track
Another ginseng plant. This one doesn't have berries.
Petey looking at himself in the water. He probably wonders who that other dog is.
Down in the big hollow, I found this rim from an old wagon wheel. I brought it to the house.
I should be able to make something from it. If I can't, I'll give it to someone who can.
These next three pictures are beautiful wild flowers.
From now until all the leaves fall off and old man winter takes over the wilderness is a great time to be in the woods. It gets better and better as the days go by.
Petey and  I made it  all the way to the bottom of the big hollow and back without seeing or hearing any dragons, trolls, hob-goblins, other humans or chainsaws. It was a  good trip.

No comments: