Friday, August 12, 2011

Signs of Fall

Today is August, 12 2011. It is warm, in Northeast Alabama, but while walking in the wilderness behind the house the past few days, I've noticed a few signs that fall might not be too far away.  First are these little yellow butterflies/moth flying around. They are a sure sign that cooler weather is somewhere in the not too distant future.


I've noted several of these the past few days. I've also noticed quite a few colorful leaves that have fallen already. The woods are still very green, but if you look closely there is a bit of color starting to show here and there.


I took this today. The splatch of red really stood out in the green surroundings.

That's all

Later


2 comments:

Kathryn Glover said...

I haven't read all the way through yet. Where do you live? I'm in SW Connecticut and we are getting a few signs of fall now with some cool evenings and the wind cleaning out some of the spent leaves in the maple trees. I love your photography. Visit my paintings if you like.

Chuck Buckner said...

Thanks. I live in Northeast Alabama on a mountain. I'll look at your art.
thanks