Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Like A Lamb?

There's an old saying that if March comes in like a lion, it'll go out like a lamb and vice versa.
Maybe the snow today is one of old man winter's last attempts at being a lion. I doubt it.

This is in the yard. I waited quite a while before venturing out. I was waiting for the snow to stop falling.
Even as I waited, the snow started to melt faster than it accumulated. Most of what had been clinging to the trees had fallen to the ground.

At the Pond.


I walked down into the big hollow. There was less snow there than on top.



This was taken from the front porch.


Bird tracks.

This is a poem I wrote one time.

March
Old man winter
and baby spring
fight hand to hand
in the third month.

Spring always wins
but soon dies
in summer winds that
burn.

She too must fall
and autumn will
  hand the pick back to
a reborn ice man.


That's all.
Later

2 comments:

Mary said...

I was surprised to see the snow fall here in GA as well. It is still snowing, but it is now mixed with rain. Your photos are beautiful as always. It is a pleasure to come and visit.

Kathy said...

I love your photographs, just stunning.